Saturday 2 April 2016

Me n Nehru


Why I like Nehru?

No, not for any reasons given by any current politicians, historians, academia's. Or for any reasons by anyone else.
Yep. It's personal. It's individual. Very!
My hero. His hero. Are the same! Noooo, it isn't Salman Khan :-P
Ashoka, the great! Yes the man who lived for moral law and social justice. An emperor. An Upasak of Buddhism. And much more.
Coming back to Nehru. Yes he was as much into Ashoka as me. And that is because what cut through that emperor 2250 years ago cut through Nehru and cuts through me. THE MORAL DILEMMAS OF LIFE.
Nehru as the first prime minister brought in his hero into every Indian's life. Through the national emblem. Through the Ashoka Chakra. Interestingly the Ashoka Chakra is the Dharma Chakra, the wheel of morality. Nehru consciously renamed it as 'Ashoka' to remind you and me of the emperor who brought in moral law and social justice into society. So today on the birthday of someone with whom I share my hero, I remember OUR HERO.
I hope this is the gift you wanted, dearest Chacha Nehru :-)

No comments: